Hello English Teachers!
Today let me share with you my idea on how to introduce forest animals to children.
I have started with the book ‚Don’t wake the bear, hare!’ by Steve Smallman & Caroline Pedler.
During the reading I asked questions to students:
- What animals can you see here?
- Where is the blueberry tart?
- What food can you see on the picnic blanket?
- What is your favourite cake?
- What will the bear do?
- What animals are there in the story?
- What are they preparing?
- Why are they scared of the bear?
- What did the animals prepare for the party?
- What happend to the balloon?
- Was the bear angry in the end?
- What did the bear bring to the party?
You can also find this story on youtube, so you can listen to it:
Then I introduced the vocabulary using flashcards, you can find them here.
We played the memory game using flashcards and word cards.
After the game I asked students to present one animal in the picture dictionary.
To inspire my students I used the video below:
Check my social media: